This shovel was donated to our museum by Mrs. Lavina Scott, in 2015, and is from WWII. It was given to her by her mother-in-law, Alice Scott. The shovel belonged to Alice’s brother. The Scott family moved to the DeBolt area in March 1940, and some of their descendants still live in the area. The museum also has her brother’s foot locker. The shovel is portable, and still in its canvas case. It is a great addition to our exhibits in the Legion Hall, on Alberta Avenue, DeBolt. We were given this small hall back in 1993 when the local Royal Canadian Legion #89 folded from lack of members.