The Anglican Church community had its origins in the St. Saviours Mission established at Dunvegan in the late 1800s. However there was no permanent church until St. Helen’s was erected in Waterhole in 1915. After it was moved to Fairview in 1929 it became the base for further Missionary work in the surrounding districts. During the late 1930s and 1940s this portable pump organ was used at the fledging churches at Hines Creek, Whitelaw, and Cherry Point. At this time services were held in private residences. It folds down to a large suitcase size.