The Ridgevalley Co-op Cheese Factory began operations in 1937, and it was in operation until 1948. Local farmers had excess milk and no market, so they formed a co-op, hired a cheese maker, and built the factory in the Crooked Creek/Ridgevalley area of East Smoky. According to many of the local people, the cheese they made was very good. They sold the cheese across the Peace Country. The boiler, some of the equipment, and their books were donated to the museum, through the years, by various local people. The butter fat tester was given to the museum by Bill Rogers from Valleyview, who had bought it for use in his dairy business, when he closed his business.