Trucking has long been an important industry for the Peace Country moving goods and raw materials to and from the region. Constructing and maintaining roads has been a long-time effort for both the northwest of Alberta and northeast of BC. Many of our main highways follow to some extant old homestead trails. The Mackenzie Highway was originally started in 1938, but abandoned with the onset of war. It was later completed in 1948/1949 to Hay River, although some places along the route remained rough. The completion of the highway meant that the old Keg River trail fell out of use, and gave other communities such as High Level a chance to grow. This truck is a 1927, International 1.5 ton truck restored by Warren Ryan. Ryan owned a trucking company for many years.