This press was transported over the Edson Trail for William C. Pratt. The printing press arrived February 13th 1913 and the first edition of the newspaper came out on March 25th.
The press came over the trail in a sleigh and when unloaded, the newspaper office was literally built around it. The Pratts sold the newspaper to the Oblinger brothers in 1915. This old printing press encapsulates the early history and pioneer spirit of the Grande Prairie region. See “Pioneers of the Peace” and “Grande Prairie: Capitol of the Peace” for more information.