This shingle mill was produced in the foundry of Madison Williams in the early 1900s. It was purchased by Sheridan Lawrence and brought into the Peace Country. It was operated by him and his family at “The Ranch” until he retired to Peace River. It was then sold to Ernest and Elizabeth Rivard who operated it until 1945 when they sold it to Henry H. Peters and his brothers. Most buildings of the time used wooden shingles cut on a machine like this.