The statue “Our Lady of Peace” was commissioned in 1960 by the Knights of Columbus. After standing in Fairview for many years, it was brought to Dunvegan in 1986. It was placed there to commemorate the St. Charles Catholic Mission, which was originally founded in 1867. As it stands overlooking the peace, however, it helps us to remember not only the Mission, but the contribution of the Knights of Columbus and other community groups who helped to preserve the history of Dunvegan. The statue was fully restored and moved to its current location in 2007.