This band saw was manufactured in the late 1800s and was originally steam driven. It was purchased by Adam Giebelhaus, when he started in the construction industry. He and his brother, Con, had a construction and building supplies business called Giebelhaus Building Supplies in Holden, Alberta. When Adam moved to Fort St. John in 1957 to continue the business there, he brought the band saw with him. This band saw was used to cut wood for buildings in Fort St. John and wooden saddles for pipelines.