When the railroad came to Fairview in 1928, Walter Hemstock, an early pioneer in the area, built a general store on main street. The store was later taken over by his son, Joe Hemstock. When the Mechanical Horse was brought in, it quickly became a popular ride for children. Joe would always have a pocket full of dimes, to ensure anyone could ride. Champion is on display at the museum and still operates.